Call for Papers
We invite you to submit a paper, report, or poster for the 13th Workshop in Primary and Secondary Computing Education (WiPSCE 2018) and join us in Potsdam, Germany, in October 2018.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to research on:
Learning & Teaching
- student motivation and engagement
- attitudes and beliefs
- misconceptions and learning difficulties
- educational approaches, methods, technologies and tools
Foundations of CSEd
- competence modeling and measurement
- curricula and standards
- emerging topics for computing education
Teacher education & Institutional aspects
- pck in computing
- establishing and enhancing computing education
- (continued) professional development
- communities of practice
Special Theme: Beyond programming
This year we particularly invite submissions that present work regarding CS education in primary and secondary education that is not focused on programming. Programming is a central part of many CS curricula around the world. However, CS is more than programming and our curricula typically also reflect this. Relevant work may deal with different ways of integrating programming into a broader CS curriculum, or simply with other interesting facets of CS education in schools.
WiPSCE is a single track workshop with keynotes, research and practice presentations, panels, and discussion sessions. The workshop language is English. The workshop is known for its moderate size and lively discussions.